The Department of Procurement and Supply is one of the departments that constitutes the Faculty of Business Studies, and it seeks to train career-minded students using competency-based approach to enable them acquire managerial and entrepreneurial skills in order to become self-employed or top-level and middle-level management professionals in commerce and industry.
The mission of the Department is to develop a centre of excellence for the provision of quality education and consultancy in procurement management and also to provide the public and private sector with a stream of skilled and competent manpower in procurement.
The vision of the Department is to ensure excellent teaching, learning and research in supply chain management in order to produce competent manpower for the private and public sectors in Ghana and the international community.
The goals of the Department are to:
1. Offer students a unique opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in Supply Chain Managemennt to enable them analyse and solve problems on the job;
2. Cater for the procurement needs of the public and private sectors through lectures, seminars, symposia and workshops;
3. Conduct and encourage research and study in the fields of Supply Chain Management and related areas of study; and
4. Operate with analogous educational institutions in the development of educational programmes.
The Department offers the following programmes:
1. A two-year Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) in Procurement;
2. A three-year Higher National Diploma (HND) in Purchasing and Supply.
3. Diploma in Business Studies – Purchasing and Supply Option
4. Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) programmes:
a. International Certificate of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
b. International Diploma in Logistics and Transport (DILT)
c. International Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport (ADILT)