In 1993, Marketing was introduced into the Takoradi Technical University curricula under the Department of Accountancy. In 1997, however, the Marketing Unit was created and elevated to a full Department in September, 2001 in response to the growing student population.
The mission of the Marketing Department is to provide quality education in marketing and turn out practical-oriented marketing personnel for industry and commerce. We are also committed to providing consultancy services in marketing.
The Department seeks to train students and equip them with managerial and entrepreneurial skills to enable them become self-employed or assume middle and high level managerial positions in commerce and industry.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goals and the objectives of the Department are to:
1. Offer students the opportunity to catch up on the latest marketing techniques through effective lectures, workshops and industrial visits;
2. Cater for the marketing needs of the public through training, workshops, seminars and public lectures;
3. Conduct and encourage research in marketing and make the results available to interested parties both within and outside the university community; and
4. Work with other educational institutions to develop exchange programmes for the benefit of students and lecturers in marketing.
Presenrtly, the Department offers
1. A two-year top-up programme in Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Marketing,
2. A three-year Higher National Diploma (HND) programme in Marketing,
3. A Diploma in Business Studies (DBS – Marketing Option) and
4. A Diploma in Business Administration (DBA – Marketing Option)