The Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering was established in 1980 to offer programmes in Power systems and Electrical Plant at the Technician, Advanced Craft Certificate and Electrical Installation Work levels. In 1993, the Higher National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering was introduced.
The mission of the department is as follows:
The rationale for the programmes in Building Technology is to provide students with broad technological and basic managerial skills required for the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of domestic, commercial and industrial electrical equipment.
The goals of the department are to meet the need for technological skills and development in the building industry for smooth and rapid expansion of electrical energy and technology to all parts of the country. Again, the department seeks to promote small-scale industry and private enterprises.
The objectives of the department are the following:
1. Acquire knowledge and understanding of the concepts and principles of electricity and electronics,
2. Develop skills in the use of appropriate tools and electronic instruments in measurements, trouble-shooting and repairs,
3. Acquire the ability to prepare lay-out, install and commission industrial equipment and Electrical services.
4. Train middle-level manpower for industry, commerce and self-employment.
The Department offers
1. Higher National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with the following options:
2. BTech (Electrical& Electronics Engineering)