Dr. Bartholomew J. Sebbeh, HoD
The Department of Graphic Design Technology was carved out of the former Fine Art Department in 2008. It is one of the six (6) Departments in the Faculty of Applied Arts and Technology. It provides skills and knowledge-based programmes which develop students for employment in technical and artistic industries and which also equips students with the competences to enable them to pursue their own entrepreneurial ambitions.
The vision of the Department is to churn out world-class manpower to provide excellent art education to support industries and to promote human resource development in Ghana and abroad.
To provide tertiary education in the field of graphic design through the application of arts, and, also, to promote teaching and research in the graphic world.
In line with its vision to create excellence in graphic arts, the following goals are being pursued:
In its bid to contribute to Ghana’s ambition to build her human resource capacity, the Department provides and seeks to, through further research, improve its high standard competency-based technological andragogical approaches; and
To provide other related programmes through consultancy to enhance productivity in the graphic design industry.
The Department seeks to:
1. Provide specialised skills to graduates to enable them to meet contemporary manpower needs at managerial, entrepreneurial and supervisory levels in the graphics industry;
2. Prepare students for employment in art industries in line with the current national poverty alleviation programme; as well as
3. Encourage skills in the development of local materials and resources in promoting small and medium scale industries.
Higher National Diploma (HND) – Commercial Art (Graphic Design Option)
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech):
1. Multimedia and Photography
2. Advertising and Packaging
3. Animation and Illustration
4. Prepress and Printing Technology
Masters of Technology (M.Tech.):
2. Graphic Design