Dr. Eric Donkor Marfo, Dean
The Faculty of Built and Natural Environment is a newly-created Faculty by the Takoradi Technical University to train students in various disciplines. The Faculty was carved out from the Faculty of Engineering in November 2016, in line with the university’s expansion policy. The Faculty started operation in January 2017 with three Departments. It is equipped with modern facilities for the training of students and execution of engineering projects.
To transfer learning beyond the campus experience by enabling each student to achieve intellectual and personal excellence, flourish as a responsible citizen and be well prepared for industry to boost Ghana’s employment and human capacity building in the ever-changing and complex work environment.
To produce highly technical and competent technologists who are theoretically knowledgeable and practically skilled in the areas of technology and science to meet the manpower needs of the nation’s industries.
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY TOP-UP PROGRAMMES (WEEKENDS)
1. Bachelor of Technology in Building Technology
2. Bachelor of Technology in Interior Design and Technology
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
1. HND Construction Engineering & Management – Competency-Based Training (CBT)
2. HND Interior Design & Technology – Competency-Based Training (CBT)
3. HND Estate Management
4. HND Plumbing and Gas Technology
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
1. Professional Diploma in Architectural Draftsmanship
2. Professional Diploma in Construction Engineering & Management
3. Professional Diploma in Estate Management
4. Professional Diploma in Interior Design & Furnishing
5. Professional Diploma in Plumbing and Gas Technology
NON TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
1. Diploma in Building Draughtsmanship
TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TRAINING (TVET) PROGRAMMES
1. Construction Technician Course (CTC Part I and II & III)