The Directorate of Quality Assurance and Academic Planning (DQAAP) superintends over two sections namely: the Quality Assurance Section and the Academic Planning Section. The Directorate supports the activities of both sections by providing leadership, maintaining and promoting efficiency as well as encouraging both sections to work in unison towards achieving their set objectives.
Its Vision is to be a robust information hub for continuous improvement and maintenance of the University’s vision.
Developing accurate and reliable data, and ensuring total quality through continuous application of internal enhancement mechanisms across all programmes and Services offered by the University.
1. To Design, implement and review academic quality Control schemes.
2. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of levels of academic standards with respect to teaching, learning, research and innovation
3. Promote the improvement of teaching, research and innovative activities of the University.
4. Facilitate the accreditation of new programmes and re-accreditation of existing programmes
5. To serve as the data centre of the University and provide statistical report to regulatory bodies.
6. To Monitor and evaluate the action plans within the strategic plan of the University
We uphold the following core values:
Quality, Efficiency, Relevance, Integrity, Accuracy/Precision, Commitment and Team Work
Major Functions and duties of the Directorate include but not limited to the following:
– Maintaining acceptable levels of academic standards with respect to teaching, learning, research and innovation.
– Conducting student evaluation of courses and teaching staff every semester.
– Conducting departmental reviews at least every five (5) years.
– Facilitating the conduct of self-assessment, quality audits and staff development.
– Overseeing the preparation of quality audits, self-studies, quality assurance reviews, surveys, staff training and development.
– Facilitating accreditation of all new programmes and re-accreditation of existing programmes.
– Supervision, assessment and validation: Analysis of all reports (students’ course evaluations, external examiner’s reports, external audit reports, staff-students ratio, student-facility ratio, etc.) and identification of issues arising from them for the attention of the Management at Departmental, School and University levels.
– Monitoring and evaluating the action plans contained in the Strategic Plan.
– Ensuring proper management of statistical data on students, staff and physical facilities of the Institution.
– Providing statistical reports to the regulatory agencies (GTEC, COTVET, CTVET, etc).
– Designing an appropriate format for data collection and reporting
The Directorate uses two (2) main strategies in executing its activities namely;
1. Implementation Strategy
i. Sensitization of all stakeholders on Quality Assurance (QA) issues.
ii. Establishment of quality assurance desks to facilitate implementation of QA practices at all levels.
iii. Preparation of Unit-Specific performance standards.
2. Evaluation Strategy
i. Students’ satisfaction surveys.
ii. Employer satisfaction surveys.
iii. Internal programmes reviews et cetera.
In addition to these, the Directorate employs:
iv. A bottom up approach to obtain primary data for university records and analysis.
v. Secondary and primary data from the University Resource Planning System would be accessed for analysis.
vi. A deepened collaboration with Faculty, Department and Sectional representatives to facilitate team work.